Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health's Business Development department is part of our Brand Experience team. This team helps ensure that consumers on all levels are experiencing the best of Banner, regardless of the product line. Business Development represents all Banner products to physicians and employers, detailing the benefits of specific to their needs. Representing Banner's Post-Acute service line, the field team details Banner Home Hospice, Home Infusion Therapy, Home Medical Equipment, Palliative Care and Home Care to physician and post-acute providers. Data is used extensively to not only mark results, but also to target appropriate providers under-utilizing this service line. The Business Development team is crucial to Banner's success and provider recognition of its vast continuum of care and broad scope of services.
This is Business Development Post-Acute Liaison for Central Phoenix and Scottsdale . You will be optimizing referral development for Home Health, Home Medical Equipment, Hospice, and Home Infusion Therapy. Bring your healthcare sales experience utilizing cold calling, virtual marketing component, and excellent organizational skills! You will be able to identify and develop new clients, while managing current accounts to optimal levels. Take the next step in your career and join the fastest growing post-acute services agency in AZ! This is a Mon-Fri position, working remotely with the understanding of future possibility of returning to the field.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for optimizing referral development for assigned service lines within Banner's Home Care AZ department, contributing to growth for the department and Banner Health. Identifies and develops new clients, while managing current accounts to optimal levels. Works in collaboration with Banner Home care operations to ensure our provider customers have a clear understanding of how to access our services, receive patient results and make Banner Homecare their provider of choice. The PAAS will develop strong sales tactics that have demonstrated ROI, document, track and report results. Strong understanding of customer preferences, referral patterns, growth goals and maintain client database with this intelligence. Must have strong knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare eligibility requirements and comprehensive understanding of potential care plan needs for the patient in order to effectively communicate opportunities to referring providers and facilities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Increase referral volume within the assigned accounts and meet or exceed growth targets. Develops and maintains contact with key physician practices, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, discharge planning services, case management and clinical staff to provide ongoing updates on Banner Home Care services available in the market.
2. Supports the development of alignment and sales strategies to incorporate provider, and other business-to-business targets for growth of organization's market share, including digital sales opportunities.
3. Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates as needed to achieve sales objectives.
4. Serves as a communication resource in the delivery and messaging to assigned internal and external stakeholders. Provides bi-directional communication for service lines and programs and product offerings, including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
5. Ensures effective communication and collaboration with colleagues and operations and actively participates in regular team meetings. Brings relevant data, reports, as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources. Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates competent professional practices and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Assists with new staff orientation and physician orientation program as directed.
6. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
7. This position may be assigned as a "Field Sales" or "Inside Sales" Representative or a combination of both, dependent on the needs of the department. Position duties, routines and requirements or goals may vary dependent on assignment.
8. Works independently under general supervision. The position's customers are internal and external - Internal: Department Directors and other managers and staff involved with assigned program(s); External: physicians, physician offices, social workers, community-based organizations, and, in general, anyone who might refer a patient to the assigned program(s). This position requires making decisions related to patient care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices.
Must possess a bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field required or equivalent experience and education.
Must have a valid driver's license and insured vehicle for daily travel requirements. Travel expenses will covered through daily mileage reimbursement according to Banner Travel Policy.
This position requires the skills, knowledge and abilities in healthcare services sales and marketing typically acquired over three or more years of related sales experience and education. The work requires a high degree of organization, the ability to manage time and resources effectively, and the self-starter ability to work independently to achieve goals. Effective negotiation, conflict management, customer service and interpersonal relations skills are necessary. The ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through common computer software is required.
Home health and/or hospice experience preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13241
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.