Requirements include having completed a fundamentals of nursing course and being actively enrolled in a nursing program.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing patient care in assigned area. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of professional nursing personnel.
· Provides general nursing care such as positioning the patient, lifting, turning, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in the use of bed pan, urinal or commode, ambulating the patient, pre operative and post operative care, and application of binder or anti embolic stockings, bed bath, oral/hair/back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table, and bedside stand, straightening patient room and other general care necessary during the shift.
· Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure, and intake and output measurements.
· Prepares patient room and bed for admission and transfers and ensures all necessary equipment is in room.
· Maintains an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special consideration to cleanliness of room, ventilation, and lighting.
· Assists in patient admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
· Assist with handling and care of patient belongings and other personal property.
· Answers patient call lights, telephone, and paging system and responds as appropriate.
· Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs routine treatment procedures such as enemas, application of appliances for heat and cold.
· Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient under the direction of an RN. Ensures patient is in proper position and alignment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Six months experience in acute or long term care facility.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .