Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Clinical Manager to the Elder At Home program that is located at the Providence Glisan Plaza in Portland, OR.
Elder at Home provides services for the most medically fragile Providence Health Plan Medicare Advantage members, and their family members, when and where they need it. The core team model is designed to treat members in their home and provides a comprehensive, consultative approach to managing all aspects of their healthcare experience including psych-social and end of life planning needs for the patient and family/care givers.
- In home care – scheduled, and unscheduled visits w/in 60 min, available 24 x 7, 365 days a year
- Geographic coverage in Portland Service Area and parts of Yamhill county
- PCP still "owns" the member; no need to turn over care to Elder at Home unless everyone agrees that it is what would be most appropriate
- Member's PCP may be PMG or non-PMG
- Transition of appropriate members to ElderPlace and Hospice facilitated when needed
In this position, you will:
- Provide leadership for the interdisciplinary team by administering its day-to-day operations.
- Work as part of a team that is charged with providing across-the-continuum, customized care coordination services and management of transitions of care for the most medically fragile Providence Health Plan Medicare Advantage, at-risk patients and their families in the home (or alternate) setting.
- Establish appropriate staffing levels and work assignments.
- Provide financial and budgetary stewardship.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and continuous quality improvement processes.
- Integrate with other related organizational leadership to foster seamless transitions of care and optimal patient outcomes for Elder at Home patients and their families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current, unencumbered State of Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Valid driver's license
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire.
- 3-5 years of clinical medical-surgical nursing (acute care, long-term care or end-of-life care experience) that also includes:
- 1 year in community-based/ambulatory care and
- 1 year in care of the frail elderly
- 3 years of management or administration experience, including personnel management (hiring / terminations)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in nursing or related healthcare field
- Home health, hospice, palliative care, managed care, and/or skilled nursing facility background
- Lean Leader and program management background
- 1 year of care management of diverse patient populations
- Working knowledge of Medicare criteria for skilled nursing services or home health/medical equipment services
- Current recognition/certification by a national professional organization in case management, i.e.:
- Case Management Society of America (CMSA) – CCM credential
- American Case Management Association (ACMA) – ACM credential
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) – RN-BC credential 10
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 150416