Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to the Extended Care Facility at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The LPN provides professional patient care through direct services and/or the supervision of and coordination with other members of the health care team.
In this position you will:
- Assess patient needs, plan, and perform interventions, evaluate responses to care and document this nursing process.
- Carry out the plan of care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse through the provision of direct services and/or activities of other health care personnel.
- Perform nursing history and physical examination and review pertinent medical information to determine patient needs.
- Identify learning needs and initiate measures to meet the educational need of patient and family.
- Document the nursing process in a legible and timely manner according to department policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- Current registration as Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- BLS or ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
- MDS may be required if cross-trained in to ECF.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC's extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 154434