Providence is calling a full time, day shift Registered Nurse ( RN ) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance, California
Providence TrinityCare Hospice provides a full range of palliative care, hospice care and compassionate support to our patients and their families throughout Southern California. All of our care is provided wherever our patients and their families need us; in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, and in the patient's own homes. Our services are tailored to each individual, whatever is needed.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus for external candidates.
In this position you will:
- Organize and direct Hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education / experience.
- Build from the resources of the Interdisciplinary Group ( IDG ) to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their home environments.
- Occasionally be responsible for providing patient care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 1-year of recent RN experience in hospice, palliative care, home health, acute care & / or skilled nursing
- Current BLS ( Basic Life Support ) certification
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication, and problem solving
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state requirements
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
- Nursing experience in hospice/palliative care or home health
- Working knowledge with computer applications
About the hospice you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 151524